Friday, April 23, 2010

The essence of me

I am a girl who always loses it the week before a haircut and trims her own bangs. I hate that about myself.

I am afraid of dying and, as a result, plan my own funeral about nineteen times per month.

I am a really, really good baker.

I don't like to fail and worry constantly that I will.

I do not believe in doing my own nails and indulge myself in that every other week.

My biggest fear is public humiliation. Which is really ironic considering how frequent I have actually been humiliated in public.

I love my babies with the fiercest intensity my soul has ever known.

I am a cleaner, but loathe cleaning the bathroom. Of everything in my life, it gets cleaned the least.

My favorite thing is to curl up in the warm sunshine with a good book and a cookie.

I am harder on me than anybody else.

There was a piece of me missing until I met the Husband. He is truly my best friend and I don't know what I'd do without him.

I love music and singing so much it hurts, but can't read or sing a note to save my life. I dream of standing on a stage and belting out Broadway in my next life. I think it's one thing I got gypped on, and I plan to ask god about that when I see him next.

My friends are more important to me than I let on. Spending time with them refills my soul.

I don't like to exercise. But I also like to exercise.

I am completely, irrevocably, undeniably insecure.

I am a religious person, but I would not consider myself to be very spiritual.

I love the top half of my body, but loathe and despise the bottom half.

Looking through a camera lens at others has taught me a lot about myself.

I am always hydrated. Getting my water in is the one thing I am perfect at every single day.

I have a shoe problem. There is not room enough in my closet for all the shoes I have, but they're the one thing I am incapable of throwing away.

I really like to sleep and am quite good at it, too.

I am kind, freckled, hopeful, smiling, tall, and happy.

I am me.

And today I decided that is a pretty good thing to be.

16 comments:

danandcindy said...

I can smell your essence from my house.

Natalie of TheBusyBudgetingMama.com said...

haha we are so alike! thanks for such an insightful post. hehe.

Annemarie said...

I love it. Have I ever said that I wish we lived closer? Yea? Well...it's true.

Lauren in GA said...

When I saw that Dan had commented I immediately thought, "Oh, this is gonna be rich...". He makes me laugh.

I loved this, Stie. Loved every word. I have to admit that when I read the line about your biggest fear being public humiliation I started to laugh because I thought immediately about how you had Nathanial Hawthorne's curtains on top of your head.

I love to tease you. At least you turn public humiliation into brilliant posts.

Zana said...

I'm just really glad your a baker b/c I made your coconut cake twice in one month (notice how Paula Dean no longer gets credit for her recipe) WE bakers carry a special bond b/c we really know what makes life worth living :)

Elizabeth said...

and you write really informative, touching, sincere and funny blog posts.

brooke said...

This was really fun to read. We are both very alike and very different. I hate the top half of my body--I'm a total chicken and carry all of my weight up top--and like my bottom half. I'd kill to have that reversed like you--everone looks at your face and upper half--not the bottom so be grateful!

Tristan said...

You are one of my favorite people ;-) And that list ain't long honey! *hugs*

Travelin'Oma said...

Maybe Yanni can help you with your singing. And after a really great number on top of the piano, I bet he'd touch your hand.

Jessica said...

You are just enough like me to be endearing, and just enough different to be interesting. That's fun, huh?

(Made the PB Fingers yesterday: Awesome.)

Meggan said...

This was not supposed to make me tear up, but it touched me. I'm such a freak. Thanks again for the amazing stay at house of halverson.

Chatter said...

Love the list Stie!! And I love your honesty. You are such a sweet, loving mama! We have to meet up next time I pass through the city.
C

heidiram said...

I want you to know that I pretty much gave up bread a couple months ago but think EVERY.SINGLE.DAY about your homemade bread blog post. I love your honesty in your posts. And I love your writing! Will you help me finish writing my thesis???

Cindy said...

It has been too long since I've checked up on your blog. Love this post.

Annie said...

All of these are why I am a fan of YOU.

jessica said...

I loved this because so much of it was me! The insecure part, the music part, the exercising part...thanks for putting it all out there. It made me feel good about being me today!