Monday, April 19, 2010

Another house warming party

Have you ever moved to a new house, excited about the possibilities? Dreaming of just how perfectly your furniture will fit in every particular spot? You measure the cupboards, the floor, and the doorways. You know that everything you own is going to look fantastic there. You tell all your friends about the new house.

You even mail out "our new address" cards.

Then the day of the big move happens, and you spend the first night in your new space. You look up and notice that the ceiling has water stains on it. And, to your dismay, you discover that the windows won't open. And when you go to take a shower, you notice that there is no hot water. Further investigation reveals that the water heater is broken.

And you wring your hands in agony that you have done the wrong thing.

Ever done that?

I have.

And not just with houses and apartments. I am afraid I jumped the gun a little bit with my photo blog. Compromised my principles to save a few dollars. And the first night in that new space, I lay awake all night regretting it.

So, I'm coming here today to tell you that I've moved. You can now, and forever more, find my business photo blog at:


Please come see my shiny, new space (which looks eerily similar to the old one). I've even put up some new pictures of a gorgeous girl for you to see. And while you're there, don't forget to update your reader.

Stay tuned here at Stie's Thoughts this week for a fabulous dessert recipe and what happens when a princess turns eight.

There's good things happening all around.

11 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Should I un-subscribe to the old blog? Are you taking that one down?

danandcindy said...

You're psychotic.

Christie said...

Yes, Lauren, I will take the old one down at some point. Thanks, friend!

Jenny said...

I like it. One suggestion...you should to make your "for more info" url clickable from the front page.

jessica said...

So I had to check out for awhile...life got crazy, blogs got neglected...but now I'm back and here are my comments...

I'm sorry about your bubble getting burst. I hate it when that happens. That's why we all need a great husband who will put things in perspective. I think you are great and talented...hope that helps.

The seed pots are cute. I'm not a green thumb kind of gal but I do try.

Taxes...yuck.

New photo blog...you go girl! I totally can relate to having buyers remorse and having to make it right. Way to not compromise.

Okay I think I am done now...

3leftturns said...

Thank you Stie, I absolutely *detest* any business owner not owning a registered domain name and using business email. Today you made the world a little better.

Tristan said...

Very professional! I will update my reader now.

Anonymous said...

Yes I have tried moving to a new house, many times. And each time, my wife complains saying that "a rolling stone gathers no moss".

Becca @ My Crazy Good Life said...

Awh, what a great post.

Going to visit the new place now :)

Travelin'Oma said...

you go stie. and yes, mastering your own domain really is worth the extra dough. even if it matters only to those of us who are snobby website builders. congrats on your new site. like pete told me, it might hurt a bit at first, but it'll be worthwhile in the end. luckily we are all hooked to your talent and wit. xo.

MARTA said...

p.s. that witty banter was by the mini mart. but oma and i are pretty much the same, she's sitting behind me in her nightgown, so we both agree. congrats on another step towards building your empire. love, mart