Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The one where I return and report

Hi all.

Didn't mean to drop a bomb like that on you and then disappear for over a week. Sorry 'bout that.

The Dan update is this: Surgery went well, though it was hours and hours of an agonizing wait. Took way longer than it was supposed to.

They were able to remove the entire tumor without removing his kidney, but it did turn out to be cancer. He is doing great and will see the doctor next week to find out more. We are not sure what the next steps will be (if any). We are furiously hoping that the tumor removal is the end of this saga for him (with the exception of those body scans and blood tests he'll probably have to endure every six months or so). Fingers crossed that there will be no chemo or radiation.

Thanks a million for your thoughts and prayers. Daniel has no idea how many strangers out there were pulling for him. You peeps rock.

Me? I returned last night in the wee hours from a gorgeous, ridiculously lavish vacation with the family. My laptop died on the plane ride out (literally. Won't turn on. Any ideas, anyone?), and as soon as I am finished washing the sand from our laundry, I will upload the millions of photos I took and make you feel extremely jealous of how I spent the last six days.

Plus? I've got my favorite person ever coming to visit this weekend, and I can hardly wait.

Now I KNOW I've made you jealous.

Be back soon. Promise.

9 comments:

ellen said...

I would be jealous but I get to meet her now and then for pizza!

Tristan said...

Thanks for the update :)

Liz said...

Our love to Dan & Cindy! And you know I'm jealous of anyone who gets to spend time with you and yours!

Lauren in GA said...

I will pray that there will be no need for chemo or radiation. Thank you so much for the update.

I am glad you had a lovely trip. I'm excited to see the pictures that will inspire extreme jealousy. ☺

Travelin'Oma said...

What an ordeal for Dan and your whole family! I hope the future is bright for all of you. And I'm anxious to see your photos!

Lisa-Marie said...

Thank you for reporting. The longer the silence the more worried I became. I am SO happy for your brother and for all of your family. Miracles happen every day, don't they. What a blessing!

When will Dan be back to blog-torture you? I kinda like him!

brooke said...

Thanks for the report on Dan..I will keep him in my prayers.

Now for the shallow side of life...the eyelashes. I get them done by a girl in her home....cost me 65 bucks to get them on and then 35 for a fill every four weeks. Totally painless procedure..did take two and a half hours the first time and an hour for the fill...she glues each eyelash in individually. It is a total investment but I can't tell you how much I love them...I can roll out of bed and actually feel cute with no make up.

Good luck..I know salons charge a lot more...try to find someone who does it from home!

Emily said...

I am jealous on quite few levels--a sandy vacation sounds wonderful (where were you!?) and a weekend with you and Annie doubly wonderful. Have a great time :)

Christie in Dallas, TX said...

Thanks for the update -- will keep praying for no chemo!!