Wednesday, June 8, 2011

The one in which I have failed to train him properly for his future wife

The other night, I was in my bathroom washing the make-up off my face. McKay came in and a conversation ensued that went a little something like this:

McKay: "What are you doing?"

Me: "Washing my make-up off."

McKay: "Do you even wear make-up?"

Me: "Um, yeah. I wear a lot."

McKay: "I don't like it when girls wear a lot of make-up. You should just be natural. It would look better. Don't wear it anymore."

I finished washing and showed him the horror that is me au naturale. He wrinkled up his nose, made a face, and said:

"Um, never mind. I think you should wear some. Maybe even a lot."

10 comments:

melissa ( : said...

McKay!!!! What a nerd! Sounds like his daddy needs to teach him a thing or two... ( :

Christie you are BEAUTIFUL!

Unknown said...

Very funny!!!

Julie said...

Ha Ha. So great! :)

danandcindy said...

Really? I didn't think you wore any makeup.

I'm with McKay, I'd recommend you wear a lot more.

Tristan said...

Kids say the darndest things don't they? ;-) My 4 year old told me like a month ago that I was fat. I just replied...um not Mommy USED to be fat :)

You are gorgeous Christie!

Anonymous said...

ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhaaaaahhhhaaaaahhhaa! thats priceless!! but anyway, you're gorgeous so don't sweat it :)

brooke said...

That is really really funny.

Lauren in GA said...

It is times like this that I wish I were quick witted. It is always about an hour after such exchanges with my 13 year old that I think of things like, "Son, I had no idea you needed glasses so badly."

You are gorgeous...I know you weren't fishing for that...I'm just sayin' though.

It was a funny story, though.

Juli said...

My son told me I wasn't allowed to wear it anymore because I looked like a clown. :)

That said, I rarely wear any. Something about being in a 120 degree mail truck all day defeats the purpose ya know?

Nortorious said...

Punishment is in order. Tell him to hand over the credit cards because you need some shop therapy for that one.