Wednesday, May 2, 2007

The sun'll come out tomorrow

And so it has. I woke up today feeling refreshed, energized, patient, calm, and back to my old self. I'm a little ashamed for whining and carrying on in yesterday's post - but what is this little blog for, if not to put down my true feelings? I'd probably be so much more boring if I was happy all the time, right? Right.

Now to report on my successful weekend: We picked mahogany for the wood floors, and it will be just stunning. We went with a very slight grain, so the floors will have a sleek, smooth look. The entire first floor will be hardwood, except the laundry room and powder room (which will be tile). And we decided to do a carpet inlay in the dining room and family room. I can't even stand it, I'm so excited.

For the counter tops, we chose a granite that is called "Caraway Gold," but has small flecks of varying shades of black, chocolate brown and light tan. It's absolutely beautiful. We didn't quite get to the paint colors, but I'll do that from here. Oh, and we found some unbelievable deals on furniture and bought a sectional for the basement; plus, a leather couch, chair, and love seat for the family room on the main floor. We will need a ton more furniture, but will wait to get the rest once we've moved in. This at least gives Josh someplace comfortable to sit as he watches me unpack the 9,678 boxes (just kidding, he wishes).

We went to church and got to meet a lot of the people in our congregation. Everyone was extremely friendly, and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. There are tons of kids in the primary, so I feel good knowing my kids will be able to have friends right away.

Everything about this move REALLY is falling into place. I feel extremely blessed to have this opportunity. These next two months are going to fly by. We will be together before we know it. I can't wait.

[And I'll try to avoid the schizophrenic/manic reactions in the future (or at least not blog about them for all the world to see). I really AM normal, I promise. Just ask all these voices I hear in my head, they'll tell you.]

8 comments:

kelly said...

it all sounds wonderful, I'm so excited for you and the fam. we will miss you, but what a great opportunity. and don't worry about the freakouts... we all have them. I too had one this weekend... in front of kerry and all her little friends. everyone is now talking about me in huhshed voices "is kelly alright?"

Annie said...

It's good to keep it real, Stie! Kelly's right...we all have those moments/days/weeks. Please don't disguise them :) Although it does make me wish I could take you out for a girl's night out to cheer you up! Glad things are looking better...

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

Oh wow! I can't wait to see pictures!

Don't worry about freaking out. You're just being real and that's what we love about blogging!
You. Are. Moving.
Moving = Stress
Moving + Children = Eye-Twitch Levels of Stress
Moving + Children + Girlfriends + Wine = Manageable ;-)

Bridget said...

Wow, you're house sounds like it is going to be beautiful! Love to see some pics of all the new stuff.

Anonymous said...

Great blog. Stumbled over from Here-in-Idaho. I'm sure I'll be checking in from time to time. Enjoy your new home!

Travelin'Oma said...

The voices in your head are actually in your loft. I was there. I heard them, too.

anna jo said...

just remember to enjoy paradise while you've still got it... having fun in the sun should make these two months fly by!

Musings of a Housewife said...

It sounds like it's all coming together!!! And I have those voices too. :^)