Friday, November 11, 2011

Eleven on the Eleventh of the Eleventh

Today is 11.11.11.

I can't help but flashback to 8.8.88. I was in junior high, and my best friend Christina and I decided to have an eight party. We bought each other eight gifts, had eight things to eat, and I'm not sure what else. We thought we were pretty awesome though. As did the zero boys who were in our life at that time. Correlation?

Nah. We were awesome. And our hair was big and curly. (Hi, Christina!)

I thought I'd spew some random thoughts for your reading pleasure this morning.

You're welcome.

1. I'm up early this morning, having just gotten my boys off on a church youth trip to Independence, Missouri. It's funny to have two old enough to go. Kind of blows my mind how fast the years are flying. I feel like the preschool age lasted like 20 years. Now that they're fun and interesting? Time is flying by at warp speed. Makes me sad.

2. The Remodel is going well. Last night, they FINALLY finished painting the ceiling in the living room, which meant that the Bubble Boy room was dismantled. The two couches in my kitchen have been returned to their rightful place, and it makes everything feel so big. Progress, people.

3. A few days ago, the Husband's company had a dinner at a glass blowing factory where we learned how to manipulate glass that was 2,03950,000 degrees. (Yes, I realize that is not a real number. But I exaggerate to show you just how stinkin' hot it was). We had a long safety seminar where they told us over and over NOT to grab the metal pole with our left hand, as it would take the skin off our hand with the heat. Guess who reached for her pole very first thing? Yeah. Me. Thankfully, the Husband was right there and screamed before I could actually touch it. That could have been bad. And embarrassing.

4. My backyard is covered in leaves and I have ZERO desire to rake them. Seeing as how my two work horses have just spirited off to Independence, it looks like the job may fall to me. Anyone want to do it? I'll pay you five bucks. No? Jerks.

5. I am hungry today. Like REALLY hungry.

6. I think this post just crossed the line and became the worst thing on the internet today. Sorry about that.

7. I am extremely mindful this time of year of what a good place I am in right now physically. I think back to last year -- the pain, the tears, the crippling depression -- and I get teary eyed with gratitude. I do not think I will take my health for granted ever again.

8. Speaking of which, don't you love it when your insurance company overrides your doctor and decides what medication and treatment are appropriate for you? I am thinking I will call their 800 number next time I get a cold or a yeast infection. They seem to know best and will have all the answers for me, right? I'll make sure to especially describe in detail the yeast infection. And definitely to as many male employees as I can get my hands on.

9. I finally got my Christmas card done. This is WAY late in the year for me. I usually have it done and in-hand before Halloween, and have spent days wringing my hands in anxiety. The Husband has just not been home and we've been waiting on him to do the pictures. Though I did consider photoshopping Hugh Jackman or Mr. Darcy in, I felt it could create too much uncertainty and confusion for the children. Now I can rest easy. And it's going to be spectacularly awesome, if I do say so myself.

9. Yes, I realize I'm crazy. No, I don't care. In truth, it's the rest of you who are crazy. Waiting until after Thanksgiving to think about your Christmas card? Gives me hives. Oh, the horror.

10. A few weeks ago, I got the new iPhone and I have to say that Siri has changed my life. It makes texting and driving so easy. You push the big button on the front, tell it with your mouth who to text and what to say, and bam! your text is sent. No one has to die! I set verbal reminders for myself all day long, then go back to my little checklist and cross them off. You all need to get it. It's brilliant. (For the record, I never texted and drove before.)

11. And that's it! Happy Eleven Eleven Eleven. Send a little prayer up for those who keep this country safe. Also? Pray that I provide you a better blog post next time. This is absolute crap.

11 comments:

Lesa said...

To be honest, random thought post are my favorite and not crap. Love your blog.

Denise said...

I liked it. :)

danandcindy said...

Go rake your leaves.

mae said...

Your random thoughts are pretty entertaining. I'll read 'em.

Amy at Ameroonie Designs said...

I wish my crap was as funny as yours. Mine just stinks.
xoxo,
Amy

Lauren in GA said...

This post was not crap...as evidenced by how many times you made me laugh.

I am so happy that you are feeling healthy. That's just so lovely.

Sorry about having the leaves to deal with all on your lonesome. Especially when your boys started that awesome lawn care business ☺. I know you are missing their mad skills. ;)

brooke said...

This was not the worst thing on the Internet yesterday as I put something very similar out there yet much much less entertaining.

This post made me laugh and now I was the iPhone even more...it texts for you. What's next...vacuuming?

Dang.

brooke said...

I meant to say "i want the iPhone even more". I am on the damn ipad which I love and hate.

Juli said...

11/11 is my five year dating anniversary with Tony. (We dated off and aon for 3 years before then as well, but then it got weird and complicated so this was the "anniverary" we celebrated.)

I love the whole text with your mouth concept, esp. since they made texting and driving illegal here.

And also because I can't even text and walk.

Random is all I've got lately. It's November, clear concise thoughts don't happen 'round here until mid February.

Christina B. said...

8/8/88 reminds me how you have been creative and so much fun to be around ever since I've known you. I am so lucky to have had such a great friend during those icky junior high years. Also, I thought our big, curly hair was pretty cool (you were beautiful then too!).

I can't wait to see your Christmas card! I just ordered cards for us for the first time and it made me think of you. I was so proud of getting it done before Thanksgiving, and was thinking I was about a month late by your standards. :)

I'm so glad that this year finds you in much better health!

ms.composure said...

loving the post!!

http://infinitelifefitness.com
http://mscomposure.blogspot.com