Thursday, August 25, 2011

I'll never say no to you, whatever you say or do...

Internets, I married a good man.

A man who doesn't hesitate to say yes. A man who supports me in whatever I do. A man who selflessly gives time and time again.

And recently, when I mentioned my desire to [someday] get this, he smiled, shrugged his shoulders, and told me I should get it.

I don't have to be told twice.

And now, as a result, my basement currently looks like this:

Photobucket

Not everyone is as excited as me. Clearly.

Photobucket

And some of us are a little TOO excited for my taste:

Photobucket

While others of us will use any excuse to throw their brother into a wickedly awesome headlock:

Photobucket

Though ultimately, with promises of chocolate chip cookies, I eventually get something closer to what I'm looking for:

Photobucket

And even though I have some idea no clue what I am doing, I think it's going to be a whole lot of fun figuring it out.

P.S. Anyone know the name of the movie that the title comes from? Hint: It's a musical. And a good one at that.

12 comments:

Juli said...

Good to see mine aren't the only ones who do that.

I have no idea where it's from either. I even tried to cheat and look it up.

I know. I'm useless. :)

Tristan said...

I want this exact set-up, except for to film my makeup tutorials :)

Dalene said...

How totally fun! Now I REALLY want to be your neighbor!

melissa ( : said...

THE UNSINKABLE MOLLY BROWN!!
(One of the two movies I remember us having in our motorhome trip across the country when I was three years old. I still know every word of Molly Brown AND Seven Brides...)

PS Did you hear? We're coming to visit? And so, I mean, if you really need some models to help you break in your AMAZING new set up, I have a 2.5 year old who can be pretty cute, and by then we'll have a little baby as well... just sayin!

( :

Congrats on marrying the nicest man alive.

Emily said...

The Unsinkable Molly Brown. Soooo good and no one had heard of it when we did it in high school.

missy said...

Great pictures. While I'm not a photographer myself, I couldn't help but think of this post as I was reading yours: http://www.71toes.com/2010/09/1499-photo-tip.html Maybe you already have a fan - adds a cool effect! Have fun with your studio!

Meggan said...

AHHH! It looks awesome! Great job Stie! I am so excited for you and look forward all the amazing headshots in your forseeable future!

Lauren in GA said...

That Husband of yours is WONDERFUL!!

The pictures look great. You can see all of the natural highlights in Hannah's hair so perfectly. She is making me laugh how she is reading so intently when you are trying to take her picture. Must have been a riveting storyline. ☺

Stuart♥Maren said...

Yep - Melissa is right! Loved that movie... the other one we had on that trip was Seven Brides for Seven Brothers. (And she was a cute 3 year old... who is in the hospital right now... giving birth - so keep that studio set up!)

Can't wait to see more great pictures!

Lala said...

So Cool!!! I wish I had that when my babies were little! I might be out there next summer, so we'll set-up a little shoot for the monkeys.

ps Unsinkable Molly Brown - family favorite - family I group up in, not the family I'm raising.

Annie ~ Basic Joy said...

He's a keeper, that Josh. (But, let's face it: he married well, too.)

You've got quite the setup going there! LOVE the lighting in all of these.

Liz said...

I am so excited that my photog mentor is extending her talents and services so that she can pass along her knowledge . . .