You know I'm not the only one.
I think it's because we spend the last two weeks of each year in a constant state of gluttony and slothfulness, come January, we resolve to be better. We need to be better. We can't stand the thought of our lives turning into what they've been over Christmas break. So we make lists, goals, and we dream big. We exercise. Boy, do we exercise. Ever been to a gym the first few weeks of January? It's AWFUL. It's so crowded with sweat and good intentions that one can hardly breathe.
Well, this year is no different for me. I have spent the last few days pondering over some things I would like to accomplish this year. But rather than set myself up for disappointment when I don't do any of them, I thought I'd make a list of things that I will not do. Sort of a backwards resolution list, a list of things I can accomplish by simply NOT doing any of them. I did a list of these resolutions last year, and really enjoyed them. Thought I'd expand on the idea again this year.
So here it is, my list of things I WILL NOT do in 2009:
- I will not pull
weedspoison ivy in my backyard.
- I will not eat cookie dough and call it dinner.
- I will not stop reading books.
- I will not laugh out loud when I see people still sporting mullets (I will only laugh inside).
- I will not flash the goods for the UPS man.
- I will not stop exercising. See number two for reasons on this.
- I will not start smoking.
- I will not start selling crack.
- I will not let crazy ladies do bad things to my hair with scissors.
- I will not let a day go by where I don't tell those three kids how much I love them.
- I will not love my thighs, especially come summer.
- I will not run away to Paris with famous male movie stars, even if they beg and plead.
- I will not stop shopping for that perfect pair of shoes.
- I will not hate myself, even on those really ugly days.
- I will not stop loving and laughing with the Husband.
- I will not enjoy doing laundry.
- And I will not spend my days wishing for a different life.