Monday, March 28, 2011

My twin in the back yard

Photobucket

It is the Monday after spring break, and I feel a bit like our snowman there. Head hanging, body dragging, I pull myself out of bed and glare at the alarm clock. Being up this early is as wrong as the freak snowstorm that invaded our city over the weekend. The cruelty of the early hour hangs over my heart like the snow that hangs on the newly-sprouted blossoms in my yard.

My hair is as tangled as the matted sticks adorning the snowman's head.

My bottom is equally, ahem, proportionate thanks to a week of eating treats with my kids.

I feel soggy, out of place, and long to just melt back into bed.

When, oh when is summer vacation?

8 comments:

danandcindy said...

I like your scarf.

Tristan said...

I had a hard time getting out of bed this morning. I didn't sleep well and all I want to do is go back to bed.

I'm so ready for summer too.

Karey said...

I hope you got the kids off to school and got back in bed. I hope you didn't melt back to bed though, or you'll have to change the sheets when you get up.

Lauren in GA said...

Awwwwwwww...this melancholy post made me want to give you a hug, Stie...

...but not your, "twin". I don't want to get wet.

...or deal with the guilt of knocking her over.

Hannah said...

That snowman looks good! I wonder who made it........ME!! Ha ha just kidding! But seriously I did make it!

Stuart♥Maren said...

I feel your pain.

Ten more weeks. 47 more early mornings. We are on the home stretch... YOU. CAN. DO. IT.

Travelin'Oma said...

Me too.

crystal said...

I have been pining for summer break all this week. I love having no schedule imposed upon me by the school district! It's enough to almost make me homeschool.

I said ALMOST!

I have to say, though, I laughed a huge honk-laugh ("HAAAA!") when i read that bit about your hair being matted like the snowman sticks. Sadly, I pictured it in my head and then laughed at you.

I mean, WITH YOU!

xo darling.