Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Some answers for you to chew on for a few days

Oh, my darling interpeeps.

I am leaving you for a few days to head out of town for some more girl time. I know it just seems like I got back from some time away, but lucky me, I get to go again.

I am heading to this conference, where I hope to pay enough attention that I learn something, and attending a huge party where I will actually get meet a large group of you, face to face, for the first time.

I leave you with some answers to your burning questions:

1. Spray-on tan: Absolutely god's greatest invention for skin-cancer phobics like me. (Yes, Dad, I realize I am the same girl that used to lay out in the backyard with baby oil burning on my skin. I know, I know...).

You do it at your normal tanning salon, but be prepared to pay about four times what you would for a regular tanning session. It is safe, FDA approved, and very effective. It lasts about 5-7 days, and then gradually begins fading away. For me, it just evens out my skin tone and gives me a slight glow.

Not once have I come out looking either like an oompa-loompa or worse, DonatellaVersace, which is what I was at first afraid of. I get that sun-kissed look, without the harmful, wrinkle-causing touch of the sun. I highly recommend it. I did it a few times this winter when I was feeling especially pale and ugly. Perks you right up.

2. My new mascaras: Hit up your local mall and stop by Sephora. Ask one of the annoyingly eager ever-friendly workers for Dior Show (for thickness) and Fiberwig (for length). Best new discovery I've made in a long time. It has plumped up and lengthened my normally stubby eyelashes. I'm in love.

3. Dan: I have gotten a few comments and some emails in slightly worried tones about Dan, who seems to leave nasty comments for me every day. He is (until proven otherwise) my brother. I love him for his sarcasm and would actually faint dead if he ever said anything semi-nice. Please do not worry about the things he says. It's his love language. Thanks, though, for your concern. It's nice to have somebody who cares if my feelings are being hurt.

That's about it. Just finishing up the laundry, lists, cleaning, and packing for my weekend away. Can't wait to meet you all.

I only wish it were going to be warmer. [Stupid weather has forced me to rethink my entire trip wardrobe.]

See you soon!

22 comments:

Annie said...

I use DiorShow but haven't tried Fiberwig. Who would have thought about mixing mascaras??? Will have to try.

As for the Dan comments, I kind of like them. I think of him like House (my t.v. doctor friend), who gets to say whatever he wants. The world would be askew if he either filtered what he said or said something warm and fuzzy. The Uber Brother.

Tribe M said...

I am right there with you on the tanner. I use self-tanner on my face and neck about 3 times a week. And suprisingly my face is not darker than any other body parts...that are visible. And it really improves my outlook on the day when I have a nice sun-kissed glow. It's amazing what concoctions are possible when you start mixing mascaras. I'll have to give that one a try someday. I currently love using a fortifier first like Lancome's Cils Booster XL and then YSL's Volume Effet Faux Cils. I have found that to be an amazing combo myself! Your brother is always hilariously mean. Not as hilarious as you though. Have a great time on your getaway!

{B}dreamy said...

Have fun! My mom and other womanly relatives will be there, too. Maybe you'll bump shoulders with them and get goose bumps... *B

Family Adventure said...

Have a great time!

And thanks for the tanning/mascara tips. Could use them both :)

Heidi

PS: I wasn't worried about Dan - I knew you could handle him with a hand tied behind your back!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Have fun! I've never gone to Women's Conference, but everyone I know who has loves it.

Bridget said...

I didn't have the time/patience/money to rethink my wardrobe for the trip. I am just going to be very cold in my sandals and short sleeved shirt. Oh well. I need to try this spray on tan. I have a neighbor who raves about it too. Can't wait to see you soon!! I am sitting in the Seattle airport right now waiting for my flight to SLC. Wooo-hooooo!!

Amanda D said...

Have so much fun! I totally wish that I was going to be there. Oh, well. Next year...

Chatter said...

Have fun at the conference and enjoy the R&R. The mascara sounds wonderful but that means I would need to learn how to wear make-up. I'm a once every six months make-up person. I wish I was talented enough to apply it.

As for Dan, I LOVE his comments. It takes me back home to all the love and sarcasm at my parents house when all of us siblings are together.

Have a great time. We'll miss you!

Kimberly said...

I, too, love Dan and his sarcasm. Maybe one of these days we can have a cousins reunion. Have fun in Provo...I'm sure it will be a blast!

Diane said...

I would really love to go to Women's Conference sometime. I just told Robyn she should meet you guys there. She looked at me and said "Mom...I'm here!" Oh yeah..she lives there but is here with me right now. It was a good idea though! Have a great time. Wish I was going to your mom-in-law's class! I'd love to meet her!

I don't think I need to tell you what I think of Dan...or do I?!

Lindsey said...

Have fun! And WORK THAT SPRAY TAN GIRL!!!! I wish I was going to be there. I would love to see a spray tan up close!

Michael said...

Just when I leave, you go to my beloved Provo. Take care of it while I'm gone.

Lauren in GA said...

Have so, so much fun!!!!!!!

Thanks for the mascara tips..I have the stubbiest, shortest eyelashes and have to bend them into 90 degree angles with a curler...this should help :)

I know you will look beautiful! You are a beautiful girl!

The UnMighty said...

Thank you for clearing the air about Dan. I'm going to call my hit-man immediately and tell him to stand down.

Jana said...

Have a wonderful time and be sure to tell them all the blogger lessons that I have learned in the "what not to do" portions of the blogger class you attend. :)

Say hi to anyone who knows me - which is probably no one - but say hi anyway.

I'll meet you at 6Fs sometime and we can be "HIP" together as we gulp away on the "Seagull"....

melissa ( : said...

Thanks for the tips! Have a great trip! I really will miss you!

Susy said...

Buying this mascara stuff tomorrow I never spend more then 10 bucks on mascara so this better be good! I really love max factors MAX its pretty good but I'm going to throw caution to the wind and buy this stuff. (I'm almost 50. I will not buy the kids Webkins this week!) Have a great time at womens conference! Thanks for reading my blog made my day! :)

Christy said...

Thanks, now you've sent me searching for all of the obnoxious comments from Dan. Which kept me from housecleaning. Thanks again!

Jake said...

So glad you made it! Your tan and lashes looked fabulous and I hope you had fun at Hires and with Dan. Next time, no airline drama, k?

Jake said...

So glad you made it! Your tan and lashes looked fabulous and I hope you had fun at Hires and with Dan. Next time, no airline drama, k?

Lisa said...

I will definately give the mascara a try, I was actually thinking of getting eyelash extensions!
I'd love to have a spray tan but I'm scared I'll end up like Ross on that episode of Friends, you've inspired me to give it a try.

Wendi said...

Hope you looked great in your lashes and Tan!
I wasn't ever worried about your brother named Dan.