Wednesday, September 26, 2007

mission accomplished - sort of

So here is the revised list of what I actually accomplished yesterday. Be impressed. Be VERY impressed:
  1. Grocery shopping? Done. Cupboards full of chips, cookies, M&Ms, and baby cokes for Oma. Because nothing says Welcome to my Home! like a whole lot of carbs, sugar, and fat.
  2. Guest bathroom? Painted, towels hung. Dum dum still being cursed.
  3. House? As clean as it's gonna get.
  4. Dehumidifier and fan? No longer using up eleventy billion kilowatts of electricity in my house.
  5. Husband's Playboys? Hidden. [STILL KIDDING!]
  6. Rock hard Cub Scout patches? Sewn on. Skin on fingers no longer intact though.
  7. Pack meeting? Attended.
  8. 15 pounds? Still with me, give or take. Crap.
  9. Federal Disaster Areas? Spotless (and outside garbage can at least three bags fuller).
  10. Toothpaste? Removed from ceiling. Lecture about proper brushing techniques given.
  11. Haircut for me? Negative. Still looking very scarecrow-ish. Made the right choice and refused Super Cuts' fine offer to help with my scarecrow status. Tempting, yes. But will wait for proper salon, thank you very much.
  12. Axl Rose to Brad Pitt makeover for the boys at Super Cuts? Check.
  13. Laundry? Folded and put away.
  14. Nap? Not taken. Sleep last night? VERY, VERY little. (Hence the long list of accomlishments.)
  15. Pedicure? Negative. Sigh.
  16. Blog reading? A little. Because it's all about priorities, you know, Daniel.
  17. Phone gossipping and scrapbooking? It'll have to wait until next week.

Thanks for all your kind wishes, Internets. Now all we have to do is have fun with the grandparents and find something great to show them here in St. Louis.

It may have been easier to finish my to-do list. We're not in San Diego anymore, Toto.

20 comments:

Unknown said...

First of all, I can't believe I'm the first to leave a comment on your blog since I usually see them when you already have 20! Second of all, I am TOTALLY impressed! You must be one of those people who has 30 hours in the day instead of 24. Have fun with your guests! Get a pedicure when it's all over!

Bridget said...

You are definitely the most efficient person I have ever known. And I thought that before I read this post. YOu are my idol. If I could make the time to make a list of everything I have to do, get everything on that list done, then have time to blog about having completed that list, I would be very happy indeed.
Congrats! And yes, get that pedicure now!!

Cara @ Gardenview Cottage said...

I just love your humor! Seriously!! Great job BTW! I wish my day had a list that long checked off but sadly it doesn't. Have you heard of the super sticky stuff they sell at the scout store for the dumb patches? You cut it out, stick it to the back of the patch and stick to shirt! Wa-la a nice patch that won't come off (even with 100 washes) and no skin off the fingers. Check it out! I can send you some if you can't find it there.

Melissa Angert {All Things Chic} said...

I'm seriously impressed.
Well done. Pull up a drink.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Good for you! Have fun with your 'rents.

mahina said...

wow! may i worship you?! i have been putting off the laundry now for several days and i would give anything to be able to wash, fold, and put away all loads of laundry in the same day! you're an inspiration!

Jake said...

And now that the company has left my house is literally in shreds...but I am too tired to care. We ate popcorn for dinner tonight. Have fun!

Emily said...

What can I say, Holy Cow. I can't believe you got all that done. But then I remember the Stie I know and it doesn't surprise me very much :)

Becky said...

Ok, I am getting closer to starting a blog. 2 other people have asked me to...LOVE reading yours, Christie. Miss you. Have fun with your parents...(both sets???).

Celia Fae said...

You are so motivated I'm not sure we can be friends. Did you know that you can staple cub scout patches on? Just make sure your kid wears an undershirt to prevent pokage.

Polly said...

I am very very impressed!

mama jo said...

that's an impressive list you checked off...with all your work, i'm sure the 15 lbs. came off also...so now, you and the moms need to go and have a pedicure together...they would love it.

Scrapbooks by Amanda said...

I'm impressed with everything you got done! Way to go. I'm with everyone else - go get your pedicure with the moms while they are there.

Holly said...

I am exhausted just reading your must-do list and your just-finished list! Your middle name must be Taz or maybe Samatha--ha!

Seriously, I am VERY impressed and I hope you have a wonderful--and relaxing (???) visit with all the parents.

Kimberly said...

Take a few pilates breaths and give yourself a big pat on the back for a job well done! By the way, give your mom and dad a great big hug from me!

Michelle said...

LOL that was funny to read. Good job on getting the things done. You deserve a day off. So go out with some friends tonight.

Unknown said...

Ahhh, you're my inspiration. We, too are grandparent-bound this weekend. Though hopefully THEY'RE the ones scrambling with their to-do list. :-)

Annie said...

My parents just left and I barely changed the sheets for them :). I will not let them read this or they will want to adopt you.

Love the new greenish color on your blog, btw.

Enjoy the weekend. Three little letters, friend: N. Y. C.

Pedaling said...

can't wait to hear how it all went with the fam! maybe, i need some company, so i can get a few things done!

Mique (as in Mickey) said...

Hope all went well with your visitors- can't wait to hear about it...I've missed your posts this week. :(