Wednesday, May 9, 2007

7 Random Things Meme

So I was tagged by DCR Mom for this Meme, and since I have no whiny stories about my life today (shocker!), I figured it was time for a Meme. I think I may have already done this one, but since I am SO random (and weird), I can certainly come up with seven more.

Here are the rules. You start with seven random facts about yourself. Tag seven people and list their names. The people who are tagged need to write on their own blog about the seven things and the rules. (Don't forget to leave them a comment that they have been tagged and to read your blog.)

1. I simply cannot drink Diet Coke without a straw. I also cannot drink Diet Coke without ice. I think the straw thing started when my friend Jackie told me that caffeinated drinks turn your teeth nasty colors (I believe anything Jackie says) and I have been a straw girl ever since.

2. I cannot have a shower until I have brushed my teeth. Day or night, noon or whenever - I can't step foot in the tub unless I've got that just-brushed, minty feel in my mouth. Just something about a non-clean mouth getting into the shower is wrong for me. (I have OCD, too, can you tell?)

3. I hate making phone calls (Laura, Oma, Mom, Gabi, and a few others are the exception). E-mail is my preferred method of communication. I don't really know why - I do enjoy talking on the phone, but I hate making cold calls. I'll do it if I have to, but I generally don't like it. It drives my husband absolutely crazy, but that's just me.

4. I can type 117 words per minute. I have been doing at-home transcribing for years, and the speed is still there. I love how fast I can type - and I'm pretty accurate, too.

5. I have to fall asleep with the t.v. on. Every night I set the timer, turn the volume almost completely off, and fall asleep to the light from the t.v. I like to think of it as my own grown-up version of the night-light.

6. I drink at least 80 ounces of water every day. If I don't get that much in, by the end of the day I feel dehydrated. I think my body just depends on water overload.

7. I feel panicked if I am more than six months behind on my scrapbooking. I work on it constantly to try and stay as caught up as I can (which is no small feat considering how many pictures I take). I think it would overwhelm me if I had more than a few months to do - and I'd probably just stop doing it altogether.

Okay, so there you have it. I tag Bridget, Gabi, Anna H., Annie W., Kristi, Kelly, and Andrew (and anyone else who wants to play along).

4 comments:

Travelin'Oma said...

I fall asleep best with a light on, too. If I pretend I'm just closing my eyes for a minute and then I'm going to read, it tricks my mind into falling asleep.

Musings of a Housewife said...

#7 and #3. I am EXACTLY the same way! And it's about time to drag out that scrapbooking again. Sigh...

Scrapbooks by Amanda said...

I also don't like to get to far behind on my scrapbooks but it seems like lately there is no time to get anything done. I am SOO behind right now. I continue to buy paper and supplies though....

Jake said...

I learned so much about you today! Thanks for tagging me...you know I am not good at memes...but I will try!