Friday, March 23, 2007

At the scene of the crime...

Our t.v. remote has gone missing.

And not just hiding-under-the-couch-cushions-missing, but gone without a trace. Now for some, this might not be a big deal. For our house, it's huge. Sure, we can still watch t.v., but who wants to watch live t.v. anymore? I have been so spoiled by the DVR that I can't bear to sit through one minute of commercials. We TIVO everything and watch it commercial-free. Unfortunately, without the remote, the pre-recorded shows are inaccessible.

Josh was the last one to see the remote alive (which means we all blame him). He has become the primary suspect. We are gathering evidence for our case, but have little to convict him with unless we find a body.

He just might be sent to jail anyway. After all, it was a new Grey's last night, and I HAVE TO WATCH IT.

There is a reward being offered now of ten dollars for anyone who finds it. Yes, it is that important. My kids have been brought up right - they'll do ANYTHING for a buck. And ten bucks? Let's just say that trash has been gone through, and it wasn't by me.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of our remote, please send it my way. I know we'd all appreciate it (most especially Josh).

5 comments:

Portrait of Peter said...

I do think further interrogation may be required of all those within the home (including yourself).

If any animals reside in the home - they too may come under suspicion and this may require CCTV throughout the whole house - until the remote can be located.

If required I can give everyone the "close-eye" treatment - until someone cracks and reveals its location???

Christie said...

Yeah, we could do a good cop/bad cop routine, but only if I get to be bad cop. One of them will crack...

Portrait of Peter said...

Who would be the bad cop - when it came to your interrogation??

I hope you are observing body language and eye contact - throughout the interrogation?

I have a caption for your profile photo too "watching you - watching me".

Many thanks for your wonderful kind comments and yes the "awake" poem is my own - I do need to improve - as one can tell.

Springtime greetings this weekend to all of you and the poor "lost" remote too.

Annie said...

So sorry to hear of your AWOL remote...I truly symphathize. If all else fails, remember you can watch Grey's by streaming it online. I've had to resort to that more than once :).

danandcindy said...

Why is it that the man is always blamed for lost remotes? Our DVD remote has been lost for months, and the DVD player finally died a couple of weeks ago, and as Murphy's Law dictates, the day after we replaced it, the remote was found. Explain that.