Thursday, July 12, 2007

From her lips to God's ears

This morning at about 6:30, I am awakened by a gentle tugging on my shoulder. Rousing myself out of a gloriously deep sleep, I frantically search for my glasses. Once be-goggled, I look up to see Hannah, grinning from ear to ear.

"It worked, Mama. It really worked," she practically whispered.

"What worked?"

"My prayer. Last night I asked Heavenly Father to help me not to dream about the bad witch in Snow White giving me the sleeping death. And it worked! I didn't have any bad dreams."

"Oh, Hannah, I am so glad you didn't have a bad dream. See, God does answer our prayers. I'm so proud of you."

"I also prayed that we would not be silly today and that my hair would grow much longer REALLY fast."

Well...I guess one out of three ain't bad.

10 comments:

Annie said...

can you ask Hannah to pray that I'll have a good hair day and that the directTV guy will be here on time? thanks.

great vignette from your life + well told. what a sweetie, that Hannah

{B}dreamy said...

Love it! That "sleeping death" is scary stuff...

Bridget said...

that's so cute. while hannah's at it, have her ask for cole's third birthday party today to go smoothly- no tantrums, no mess and no headache for mom.

Unknown said...

I think I'm going to pray not to dream about the bad witch giving me the sleeping death, either. That would scare me, let alone a five year old. Good thing her prayer worked!

danandcindy said...

I love it.

Kimberly said...

When I was little, I prayed to find my Barbie shoes that I lost and it worked. She'll remember this experience for the rest of her life! What a cutie!

Travelin'Oma said...

How lucky for her that her mom has taught her to pray.

Unknown said...

What a cutie! :)

Diane said...

Too sweet!!! Oh to have the faith of a child. I loved reading about her little miracle. What a cute girl!

Unknown said...

Ahhh, the power of prayer. :-)

Cute story!