Friday, June 15, 2007

A home for his birthday

As of nine o'clock central time this morning, my husband is no longer homeless. I have made fun of him nonstop due to his homeless state. He's been frugally bunking it up in some not-so-nice hotels for the last two months - loading everything he owns into his car, then heading to the airport for his weekend trips here. And two weeks from today, the kids and I will join him in our new home. Here's one more look at our house (because now it seems real to me and I'm getting so excited):

We've got some remodeling that begins on Monday (starting with the replacement of all the floors on the entire main level). Once we get everything done, I will post some before and after shots. You will be impressed, trust me.

So happy birthday, baby. No more standing on a street corner with a cardboard sign for you. You now have a place to leave all your junk (at least until I get there and hide it away). See you soon.

8 comments:

Diane said...

Hard times make the good times that much better!! Congratulations on your new home! Can't wait to see more pictures.

Travelin'Oma said...

You may have been "house-less" for a year, but a townhouse 5 minutes from the beach in paradise can't really be defined as homeless!

Bridget said...

So exciting! Glad you get to be there soon. Can't wait to see more photos. The house looks beautiful!

Scribbit said...

Wow, that just LOVELY. Really I mean that. I love the look and bet you'll have lots of fun decorating and gardening and all sorts of homey things.

Musings of a Housewife said...

Congratulations!!

Annie said...

what a fun place. Can't wait to see the renovation pictures with your own great touch to the insides!

Oh, and happy birthday to Josh from all of us out here!

Unknown said...

HURRAY! It is a beautiful home and it must seem weird to know you'll soon be living there!

Oh, and I love bay window. We have one and it adds so much to the house!

Scrapbooks by Amanda said...

Love the new house! Congrats! I hope the two weeks until you join your DH speeds by!